Canning line operator
If you are a detail-oriented person who likes a fast-paced, on-your-feet work environment, you may enjoy working for The Can Van! We are a mobile canning service for craft beer, wine, and cider companies around Northern and Central California. We are looking for new team members who are motivated, mechanically inclined, fast learners, and hard workers.
The Can Van is focused on hiring people that can help in the San Francisco /East Bay/ North Bay/ San Jose, and Sacramento regions for both part time and full time positions. This work is fast-paced and rewarding, great for problem-solvers and those who feel bored with a desk job. You will work inside breweries and wineries, meeting great people and enjoying the take-home perks that come with the industry.
A packaging crew member operates packaging lines onsite at customer locations, working in many different breweries, integrating packaging with the brewing equipment and supervises the operation of runs to ensure an efficient high-quality packaging service.
- Operates packaging line, labeler, and auxiliary equipment.
- Implements operational, sanitation, quality, and safety procedures.
- Communicates with customers about requirements and quality to ensure smooth operations, high quality service, and customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots equipment and fixes problems with canning line and brewing interface, often in cooperation with customers.
- Cleans and maintains sanitation of packaging equipment.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repairs to equipment and vehicles.
- Performs advance planning for canning jobs, prepares supplies and equipment.
- Writes logs and reports.
- Contributes to the full packaging operation including depalletizing empty containers, labeling, assembling trays and boxes, drying, applying 6-pack holders, assembling cases, stacking and wrapping pallets.
- Drives equipment between breweries and warehouse.
- Performs any logistical duties as needed for the provision of an onsite packaging service.
Qualifications, Skills, and Physical Requirements:
- Over 21.
- Self-motived and able to work both independently and as a team.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle delicate objects with care.
- Ability to stay positive and work with all types of personalities and customers.
- Clean Driving Record.
- Reliable access to personal transportation to headquarters and to customer sites.
- Driving and backing a pickup with trailer (not required, but a plus).
- Driving for long periods.
- Working on repetitive tasks in a monotonous environment punctuated by brief periods of crisis.
- Ability and willingness to troubleshoot machines and a basic mechanical aptitude.
- Manual dexterity including opening and closing valves and clamps and operating user interface.
- Ability to work early mornings and overtime, sometimes other weird hours and weekends.
- Willingness to travel, including overnight, anywhere from 0 to 12 days per month.
- Ability to work in hot, cold, wet, loud, slippery or weird smelling conditions, and environments with annoying music or talkative people.
- Ability to lift 25 lbs repeatedly, occasionally lift 75 lbs, and push or pull 150 lbs.
- Additional physical requirements include standing, moving around, reaching, bending, high fiving, fist bumping, repetitive motion and handling small very cold items for extended periods in a light industrial environment.
Crew: $14+ /hour to start, DOE. Performs the above work under supervision, ability to move up fast!
2nd level operators and Canning supervisors: $15 to $18 / hour depending on experience and level of independence.
Benefits provided! Health care, vacation time, holidays, etc. Please submit your resume and a bit about why you would be a good fit for this job! Replies without a note about yourself will not be considered.
Please submit a cover letter or short message about yourself and why you would be a good fit for this job, in addition to your resume to email@example.com.